Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Reworking the stone

After a complete month of putting small stones in The River, I'm going to proceed writing small stones as I can. I truly enjoy it; but, I think I may stray from how I originally set out.  I think a "small stone" can also be an observation of a thought or idea or even something heard.  Yes. It is about the words and writing; but, I want to retain the freedom to explore those small thoughts more fully. A stone has many sides. Some are simple like a river stone while some have jagged edges and many facets. Some have flecks of gold!

I was treated to a bit of cultural education by my daughter; we watched the Lord of The Rings Trilogy - Extended Version.  OK - I get it now.  It was beautiful and inspiring. And, in the middle of the movie I announced a revelation "WE NEED A PARTY!"

The sun returns gradually each day it lingers a bit longer and arrives just a tad earlier.  It doesn't seem so bleak now that spring is counting distance.   
I can feel the clover beneath my feet and hear the river rushing over rocks. I hear the whisper of the leaves. I hear the thunder rumbling in the mountains.

Tune fiddles, find your picks and bows we need a party! Friends new and old, dancing, singing, sharing, stories, drumming, a fire blazing brightly through the night, children, hugging, flowers, sweet tea and time. We need to celebrate.
Talkeetna to Telluride to the Blue Ridge - All are welcome!
 Let's celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment